Anyone who’s looking for high power and excellent value generator, the DuroMax XP10000E Portable Generator is perfect for your needs. With its maximum power handling of 10,000 Watts and 8,000 Watts of continuous power, it is enough to supply the entire household.
This generator is highly efficient that can last for more than 10-hours of operations with a 50% load, this makes it ideal for emergency backup, finishing your projects, and overnight camping activities.
In this DuroMax XP10000E review, I’m going to highlight some of the important features, details, pros, and cons so that you can use to help you make informed purchasing decisions.
- Large fuel tank.
- Powerful to run a whole house.
- The generator noise is relatively low in its class (72 dBA).
- Solid built generator.
- A lot of features at a reasonable price.
- Relatively quiet in operation.
- Heavy and bulky
- The wheels aren’t sturdy to support the weight
- POWERFUL DUROMAX ENGINE: The XP10000E is Powered by a DuroMax 18HP, 440cc DuroMax OHV Engine
- PLENTY OF POWER: With 10,000 starting watts and 8,000 running watts, this unit can handle heavy loads from lights and a refrigerator to a home air conditioner and high amperage power tools
- MX2 TECHNOLOGY: With DuroMax MX2 technology, get the maximum power from each of the 120 Volt receptacles; Choose between operating the generator at both 120V and 240V simultaneously, or at 120V only with full power
- LOW OIL SHUT-OFF: Protects your investment by automatically shutting the generator off when it senses that the oil is low.
- IDLE CONTROL: Generator lowers RPMs when not in use, saving fuel and reducing noise. Ideal in situations like on job sites where power is used intermittently.
Last update on 2020-10-26 at 01:03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
|Generator||DuroMax XP10000E Portable Generator|
|Generator Type||Conventional Portable Generator|
|Peak Watts||120V/240V 10000W|
|Running Watts||8000 W|
|Start Type||Electric start/Recoil|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||8.3 Gallons|
|Run Time per Tankful||10.4 hours @ 50%|
|Item Weight||218 lbs|
|Noise Level (dB)||72 dB|
|Engine Displacement||18HP, 440cc DuroMax OHV Engine|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||30” x 29” x 26”|
|CARB Compliance/ EPA Approved||Yes|
|Price||Click here for the latest pricing on Amazon|
Who Is This Generator For?
If you’re a house owner who is looking for a powerful and inexpensive home back up power portable generator, the DuroMax XP10000E is a perfect choice. Not many could afford the whole house standby generator, this XP10000E is powerful enough for your whole house.
If you’re a business owner or construction company owner, this generator can be used for the job sites. It can support the most common electrical tools like hand drills, welding, and etc. You can also use this generator to transport power to the job or camp site.
The DuroMax XP10000E Review
Powerful Engine From DuroMax XP10000E Portable Generator
In this DuroMax XP10000E review, let’s start with the power outputs.
The DuroMax XP10000E Portable Generator is equipped with an 18HP engine that is capable to deliver a full-rated 10,000w of power. With its powerful engine, it is highly suitable in any Jobsite that requires huge power to run those power tools or large venues for sporting activities.
It features an air-cooled OHV engine that delivers smooth operation thus preventing it from overheating. You can easily run the engine with a simple push of a button using the electric start or traditional pull recoil if the battery is low.
To give you an idea of how this generator can run your appliances or equipment, the table below is the estimated wattage requirements of common electrical devices:
|Tool or Appliance||Rated (Running) Watts||Additional Surge Watts|
|Electric water heater (40 gallons)||4000||0|
|Radial arm saw||2500||0|
|Air compressor (1 HP)||1500||3000|
|Air conditioner 13500 BTU||1200||1800|
|Microwave oven 1000 Watt||1000||0|
|Well water pump||1000||1500|
|Garage door opener||480||600|
The DuroMax XP10000E Portable Generator Provides A Fully Loaded Panel
The DuroMax XP10000E Portable Generator provides you with a fully loaded panel to accommodate everything you’ll need to plug into it from a standard 120v 20-Amp household outlet to power up all your appliances.
You also have the 3-pin 120v 30-Amp, 120v/240v 30-Amp twist-lock outlet to run your high-powered tools and a 50-Amp heavy-duty outlet with 4-wire NEMA 14-50 3-pole. You can also charge your battery with its 12v DC output.
The DuroMax XP10000E Keep Your Appliances Safe
The DuroMax XP10000E Portable Generator is loaded with safety features to keep your appliances safe and the generator as well.
This makes it possible with a 33-amp circuit breaker that will automatically shut down when an overload occurs. The output will constantly produce an ideal voltage trough its automatic voltage regulator (AVR).
When the oil supply is low, the generator will automatically shut-off to protect it from further damaging, this makes it possible with the low oil protection circuit. This also includes the AC and DC voltage protector circuit.
Provides More Voltage Options
There’s an exclusive DuroMax voltage selector RV switch is provided that will enable you to select between 120v or both 120v and 240v output simultaneously.
A voltmeter is provided that constantly checks the perfect output voltage. A battery recharge indicator light and an oil alert lamp are included for additional safety.
The DuroMax XP10000E Portable Generator Is Built Tough
The DuroMax XP10000E is built tough with heavy-duty steel frame roll cage with four-point fully isolated motor mounts that give you a smooth operation.
A pair of 10.5-inch all-terrain wheel with a worry-free flat tire that makes it easy to transport and mobility on soft ground or rough surface. It is also easily manageable due to its wheel kit with flip-up and stow-away handle.
Quiet And Longer Power Usage
A single full tank gas of 8.3 Gallon can power up your appliances up to 10-hours provided with half load capacity. It doesn’t create any distractions to your neighbor while running due to its low noise level which is almost the as your ordinary vacuum cleaner.
Note: Sound Levels in decibels
|Everyday Items||Decibels (dBA)|
|Generator (DuroMax XP10000E)||70-80|
This generator is EPA approved making it safe to use in any U.S. National parks due to its quiet operations. The generator is CARB compliant and if you live in California state, you don’t have to worry to own it.
The DuroMax XP10000E receives high ratings of 4.3 stars out of 5; this proves how good the product is. According to Ned, one of the happy owners, the DuroMax XP10000E is dependable workhorse run reasonably quiet starts on the second pull.
Another owner, Casey Bob, said that this unit assembly was easy put in a transfer switch down a couple of test runs it keeps the whole house up during the power outages. Meanwhile, Tom claimed that this generator can easily power his 2500 sqf house.
Of course, nothing is perfect. There were some complaints from the owners for different reasons. Torriano who purchased this generator last September 2020 complaint that one major issue is with the handles – the welded connection has broken shortly after rolling from the front yard to the back yard.
Another dissatisfied owner, Bill, said that the generator seems to work great but very difficult to move around. The wheel flat after 2 months of using it.
What Are The Best Alternative Of DuroMax XP10000E Portable Generator?
If for some reason you think that DuroMax XP10000E Portable Generator is not the right one, I would recommend Westinghouse WGen9500 Portable Generator as the best alternative.
What makes the Westinghouse WGen9500 as the best option is that you get 18% more running watts at a similar price range as the DuroMax XP10000E. The WGen9500 produces 9500 Running Watts and 12500 Peak Watts thanks to its bigger engine.
It comes with an electric start and also the remote start that allow you to power up your genny from up to 260 ft away. Also, with a full tank of 6.6 gallons of gasoline, it can runs up to 12 hours of run time.
For peace of mind, it is backed by 3-Year limited service, labor, and parts coverage with Nationwide Customer Service.
- 9500 Running Watts and 12500 Peak Watts; Remote Start With Included Key Fob, Electric and Recoil Start; Up to 12 Hours of Run Time on a 6.6 Gallon Fuel Tank With Fuel Gauge
- Features Two GFCI 120V 5–20R Standard Household Receptacle, One Transfer Switch Ready 120V L14-30R, One RV Ready 120/240V 14–50R, and Two 5V USB Ports; All Outlets Have Rubber Covers for Added Safety
- Powered by a Heavy Duty 457cc Westinghouse 4-Stroke OHV Engine Featuring a Long-Lasting Cast Iron Sleeve With Automatic Low Oil Shutdown and Digital Hour Meter
- Plug-and-Play: Comes With a Remote Start Key Fob, 12V Battery Charger, Oil, an Oil Funnel, a Tool Kit, and a User’s Manual to Get You Started Right Out of the Box (Minimal Assembly Required)
- All Westinghouse Portable Generators are Functionally Tested in the Factory and May Contain Minimum Residual Oil and/or Fuel Odor; EPA and CARB Compliant; Backed by 3-Year Limited Service, Labor, and Parts Coverage with Nationwide Customer Service and Support Network at 1-855-944-3571 or [email protected]
Last update on 2020-10-26 at 01:03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
The DuroMax XP10000E Portable Generator delivers the best power for your back up, Jobsite and any Camping activities. This generator is highly dependable with excellent fuel efficiency that gives you power for a longer period of time.
Having a 10KW of power brings an excellent value that makes it easier to recommend to anyone who’s looking for a powerhouse generator. Built tough and provides more useful features that keep your appliances safe.